First experience with Dell.

This forum is primarily for customer issues. Complaints with Dell products, complaints with Dell, complaints with Dell support can go here. So can reports of Dell reliability and Dell customer service whether good or bad.
Carboy7
Discovering Dellhate

First experience with Dell.

#1 Postby Carboy7 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:38 pm

*first post* A couple years ago, my family decided, "Hey! These Dell Inspiron E1505s are REALLY nice, let's get them!" So they bought three. One of them became the "family computer."
One day, I was playing on it and the Dell breaks. It starts displaying random gibberish on the screen and never worked again. So we have a repair guy come in and take the logic board out, (somehow working) to put in ANOTHER E1505. I ended up with it...
Present Day: I was "cleaning it" and the hinges give out, causing the screen to fall over. The cover thing popped off, and I can no longer put it on due to the screen now sitting at a 5 degree angle. In addition, the backlight cable is tearing! I need a MacBook right now...

This is hell.

diashto
Admin

Re: First experience with Dell.

#2 Postby diashto » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:07 am

If you're lucky, the hinge screws just need tightened down. A #0 phillips head screwdriver is all you need for that.

If you're unlucky, the plastic where the screws screw into is busted, and will need replaced. It was pretty common with those E1505s.

Return to “The Good, Bad and Ugly”