Welcome

This forum is primarily for customer issues. Complaints with Dell products, complaints with Dell, complaints with Dell support can go here. So can reports of Dell reliability and Dell customer service whether good or bad.
soha
Discovering Dellhate

Welcome

#1 Postby soha » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:45 am

I have a Dell desktop which is 2 months old, with warranty & my computer got infected with a virus (popups / spyware) and when I called Dell tech support, I was asked to pay $129 for virus removal !!! They told me that the warranty I have is only for the hardware of the computer and not for software related issues.

OK, I understand this, that the 1 year warranty with a new computer , covers only hardware.
But why an exorbitant amount for the virus removal support ?

Rocke_T_Sinetist
Admin

Re: Welcome

#2 Postby Rocke_T_Sinetist » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 am

Hope you didn't pay. Their software services often make the problem worse, from annoying to not working at all. On top of that they are known to snoop, particularly photos.

I'd say from an business position, they get a lot of calls like that and take the opportunity to charge you another 10-20% on top of what you paid for the machine. One is much better off referring the problem to a qualified LOCAL servicer. I believe on carry-ins, even Best Buy charges less than that. And they can't screw up your machine, keep your money and walk away like Dell does.

I moved this discussion to an appropriate area.
Rocke T Sinetist
as in, 'it doesn't take a...'

Return to “The Good, Bad and Ugly”